Sunday, January 8, 2012

i remember when i saw the waves tower that high. The wind tugging at me to collide with the wall. I could practically smell the salt air being suctioned into the strength of the waves coming in. Heights much taller than myself and anything that could protect me. It took me every ounce of defiance in my body to not take a step into the gulf. The undertoe seemed to be my most compatible friend. I wanted to join it. I thought that the wake up call i needed was the pressure of the water crashing into my body, tossing me around like a rag doll. In my mind, i thought that if i let the storm take me in its grip, everything will make sense. Family would be far more concerned about my existence rather than my personality. The crush of the week would decide to pay attention to my heart instead of what i was willing to do. My friends would actually see that i was not okay.


I am so glad i didnt step foot into that water.
I guess thats just a lesson that proves the storms do not last.
peace comes when you least expect it.
happiness and imperfection go hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment